Self-Reflection

Research Critical Analysis: Self-Reflection

Writing the research critical analysis essay was difficult to write at the beginning because it was a different genres of essay and I have never written an essay using my own research before. In this essay, I was required to use my own research to support and expand my claims. I had to do deep analysis and a concrete to built a specific thesis statement and I have learned how to explore and analyze, which is the first curse learning outcome . The most difficult part was organizing the idea and supporting my thesis with evidence. For, this essay, I was also allowed to use outside sources from professional journals, research article besides my own research. I have learned how to do citation properly using ASA or APA which is one of the course learning outcomes. I was very careful while I was citing the other sources because it is important to do citation properly, otherwise the writing will be considered plagiarism. It took me long time to find reliable article like journal articles, magazine, and newspaper article, which is related to my research paper about children program and activity in preschool. We had a library session during our regular class time where the librarian showed us how find reliable research sources in online and which helped me to learn the six course learning outcomes. This session was really helpful because it made easier for me to find reliable sources form online and saved my time.

one of the most difficult things for me when writing essays is organizing my ideas and thoughts. But organizing the idea for writing essay was much easier this time because before writing the research critical analysis essay we were required to write an outline for our essay which made it more easier and clear for me to organize my ideas. Writing an outline also saved my lot of time during writing the whole essay because since I had my outline and  I knew what I need to write and how I would write.

I developed strategies in editing and revising my essay, which is the second curse learning outcomes. One of my greatest weaknesses is my use of commas. I often use very long sentences with lots of information but forget to use commas to break up my long winded thoughts. But by doing peer review in class where my group member helped me to fix my problem with my commas. They also helped me with my grammatical mistake. I didn’t knew how to cite properly when using quotes from different sources, then my peers help me to cites correctly. I think peer review was beneficial because by doing this we all able to exchanged our essay, read each one of them, and edited grammatical mistake. In this process we gave our input on each other essays, criticism, and suggestion to improve our essays which help each of us to make our essay better.

I explored and analyzed rhetorical situations in my writing, which is the first curse learning outcomes. The purpose of my essay is to show my audience the importance of preschool and how beneficial is preschool program for child development using my own research and some outside reliable sources. Throughout the essay, I showed benefits of preschool by providing evidence to make my claim more strong, and clear to the audience. I designed my essay by stating my argument and counterclaim.